From:
David Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 00:38:32 GMT
> G'Day,
        I have reading the news on this list for some time, and the comments on
    this thread have been great. We are thinking of moving our museum and
    setting up accommodation units and some sort of restaurant. Other ideas are
    a large block of land ( around 100 acres plus) and try to attract other
    museums to the site. In other words a museum complex. Has anyone tried this
    and how does it work?

        Our museum is  privately owned and operated, and runs at a loss. We
    would like to generate enough return to cover operating costs, excluding
    capital expenses. We receive no subsidies and very few donations. Being
    only motorcycles we get few female clients, as most wait in the car while
    the male members of the family have a look around. Does anyone think that
    the "Complex" scenario would get more people to stop, (depending of course,
    on what the other attractions had to offer), and look at our site.

        Any thoughts or suggestions, on the subject would be greatly
    appreciated.

Thankyou.

--
David Knight (curator)