From:
Shana O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:47:47 +0000
Hi all,

After being dark for almost two years, we're about move into a newly
renovated facility and begin programming again. Exhibitions of contemporary
visual art were, and will remain, at the core of our program offerings, but
one of the main reasons for the new facility is program expansion. To this
end, we're developing education programs from scratch. A couple on the menu
are a student docent program and a visiting artist program. While we are
planning to bring on an educator to fully develop these programs, I have
been charged with doing some research to help us plan for the necessary
staff and cost increases that this growth will create.

If there's anyone out there who has done these types of programs and can
help me to anticipate some programmatic needs, costs, issues, i would be
very appreciative!

Please feel free to reply to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks in advance,
Shana O'Hara
Aljira, a Center for Contemporary Art
Newark, NJ