From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:29:12 -0700
Ok, so this is working so well so far, there's ONE
more topic I think from which the group could benefit.

This one is a question to the more senior members of
the group targeted as advice for those involved in
museum studies.

This one is a three parter:

a.  What is your involvement in the museums field
(i.e., fine arts, garden, aquarium, history,
archivist, technologist, whatever)?

b.   Given that career, if you could do it again, what
one class would you NOT take in school because you
found no value in it (as it relates to your museum
career)?

c.   What class do you feel is imperative for a
professional in your particular profession to take?

Since we have all agreed museums work is low paying
when juxtaposed against the level of education
required, perhaps we can do a better job of steering
our young people into making the best choices with
respect to the electives.

We've all taken nonsense courses in school, useless
except counted toward a degree. But knowing the right
choices and making them could help some of our future
museums professionals.

=====
Indigo Nights