From:
Ulrich Lachmuth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 01:05:18 +0100
Hi everybody, especially all wood conservators / restaurators out there.

Just yesterday we (a commercial pest control company - no soliciting!)
were approached by the owner of a 100-year old steam tug which is being
slowly eaten by wet rot. The guy sure has some money but not enough to
really take the boat apart "grand style".

Is there an easy-to-apply, environmentally safe and
lasting-in-wet-conditions fungicide known, or any other (realistic and
manageable) approach to this particular type of problem?

I should mention the boat is not a museum item, the idea is to have it
in the water and moving again, preferrably this summer.

Thanks for advice, and IOU in case of success
Uli