From:
Jerzee Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:23:29 GMT
Is it written somewhere that a museum does have to be somber, staid and
serious (read, boring)in everything it does.  How does one know what
cutting-edge is until it's presented to the public and the public has a
reaction? If the museum's pr department called the exhibition titillating
and offensive and it wasn't, would visitors demand their money back?  I
believe the museum was trying to be tongue in cheek, not offensive.  In
fact, there are very few citizens out there who appear to be offended
judging from what I've seen on the news and read in the papers.  I also
believe the Mayor was told be be offended by his aides who want him to get
the conservative endorsement.  I remember when NY used to be called "Fun
City".  Not any more.