From:
Gregory Dale Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:23:40 -0500
This is a request for information related to a permanent or semi-permanent
position in a museum or library conservation science department or
archaeometry laboratory.  I am a young spectroscopist specializing in
infrared and Raman microscopic analysis as well as the broader topics of
inorganic and analytical chemistry.  I have a Ph.D. in analytical/physical
chemistry (Duke University), a strong background and much fieldwork
experience in archaeology (Galilee, Israel), and two years of postdoctoral
research (University College London and the National Synchrotron Light
Source).  Of my postdoctoral research positions, one has been in
pigment/paintings analysis and the analysis of conservation techniques, the
current one in instrumental development for improved spatial resolution in
mid and far-infrared microscopy using synchrotron radiation.  I am most
interested in positions with at least some allowance for novel research
related to artists' materials, archaeological materials, or the development
of new conservation techniques and instrumentation.  I am willing to
relocate throughout the world.  For a resume, publication reprints, or
other information, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks for your time,
Greg Smith