From:
Ansje Burdick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 16:10:03 -0800
NAZI LOOT

As an addition to Lucy Skjelstad’s and Andy Finch’s messages about the
House Banking Committee’s recent hearing on looted art from the WWII era
you can find more information on the web.  The House Banking Committee
maintains a comprehensive web site that contains complete transcripts of
all hearing.  You can find a listing of all those who testified at the WWII
art loot hearing as well as a complete transcript at:

http://www.house.gov/banking/21298wit.htm

Also, if you are interested in reading the press release about the
Holocaust Victims Redress Act, first introduced by Rep. James A. Leach
(R-Iowa) and passed on Jan. 27th look at:

http://www.house.gov/banking/12798lea.htm

I am currently writing my thesis on the topic on looted art from the World
War II era and museum ethics.  I welcome any comments or discussion... you
can email me directly or post to the list.

Ansje Burdick
Arts & Administration
University of Oregon