From:
Alisa Swindell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 16:24:44 -0500
Lynne-
you may want to read Valerie Steele's books "Fetish" and "Corsets" on the
subject.  She points out that many of those letters were written to
specialty magazines and were about as true and accuraate as Penthouse Forum
letter would be considered today (think what future researchers of human
sexuality will make of those).
-Alisa