From:
peter spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:06:26 -0500
"Intermedia" may seem to be a largely functional or descriptive term,
but more specifically, it is one Fluxus artist Dick Higgins used to
describe his endeavors in writing/publishing, music, performance, and
visual art.

In 2003 we hosted a traveling show of Dick's work curated by his
daughter, Hannah, and Simon Anderson. The show was circulated by
Columbia College, Chicago, Center for Book and Paper Arts. In the small
catalogue was reprinted a 1965 essay by Higgins titled "Intermedia."
You might read this, as it's ideas on the term and topic are
thoughtful.

Contact me off-list if you can't get it through Columbia College
Chicago, Center for Book and Paper Arts.

--On Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:32 PM -0400
"=?windows-1252?Q?Tania_Said?=" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> The Ball State University Museum of Art is developing an exhibition
> about  the concept of intermedia in art.  Have any of you heard this
> done at  other museums or galleries?  I have ve done a museums and
> intermedia  search on Google, and ran across the exhibition Critical
> Mass at the Mead  Museum,
> http://www.amherst.edu/~mead/exhibitions/exhibits/fluxus/index.html.
> Are  there others you know of?  Or better yet have some personal
> experience  of?  I'm looking for feedback, especially on the term
> intermedia for the  general public's comprehension as well as
> potential audience interest.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tania Said
> Curator of Education
> Ball State University Museum of Art

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail

Peter F. Spooner, Curator
Tweed Museum of Art
University of Minnesota Duluth
1201 Ordean Court