From:
P Boylan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:15:46 +0100
You may be interested to know that the French laws transferring some of
the major national museums to what amounts to Foundation status, such as
that for the Louvre of (I think) December 1999 provides for the direct
election of staff representatives to the overall "Conseil
d'Administration" (board of trustees), and the "College" which guides
the Director on a wide range of internal management issues, including the
exhibition programme and ethical issues, particularly in relation to the
Museum's commercial tenants and activities has a larger number of both
ex officio and directly elected staff representatives.

Museum staff at every level regardless of status are entitled to run for
election and to vote in the staff representative elections.

Patrick Boylan
(City University London)