From:
MR JAY S SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 19:44:23 -0500
Unless I'm mis-reading the tone of your post, it sounds like
you are against having frequent fire drills.  Of course a
fire drill is disruptive, but a facility should be prepared
at any time--not only for the safety of the visitors, but
for the safety of the staff.

No one likes to be interrupted, but you will be thanking the
management of your facility if, god forbid, a fire should
strike your.  And, I'm willing to bet that if a fire should
strike it will come right when you are in the middle of
something and it is terribly inconvenient...

Disaster preparedness is one of the most important things a
facility ought to deal with.

Just my two cents (and I apologize in advance if I msread
the thrust of the original poster's thoughts...)

Jay Smith
Reno County Museum
Hutchinson, Kansas