Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:45:49 -0700
Amanda,

Do any of the local colleges have parent education programs, or family studies departments? If so, there may be a network that could be used to aid in filling volunteer hours.

Colleges with education, museum studies or parks & recreation departments? Contact them, may lead to something.

Perhaps a posting, or conversation with staff at the Illinois Association for the Education of Young Children (AEYC)
<http://illinoisaeyc.org>

Consider boundries when parents volunteer. Can children be brought with? How many children, what ages? Should they be potty-trained? If a parent brings a child does the child stay with their parent; if so, where will the attention of the parent be? Is there a waiver to be signed?
Volunteer + parent = flexiblity + positive attitude.

Good luck,
Cathy Campbell
University of Washington, Seattle