From:
Rainey Tisdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:29:55 -0400
Please forgive cross-postings.

The Bostonian Society library catalog is now available online at
www.bostonhistory.org. Researchers can search online for books and
manuscripts, but most importantly, 3,000 photographs from our amazing
collection of Boston street scenes are also available.

The catalog represents two years of work digitizing photographs and
creating catalog records. It is still a work in progress, and eventually
all 35,000 photographs from our collection will be digitized. We are
also planning to eventually add our artifact collection to the online
database.

The database has many uses, but if you have any ties to Boston, I
especially encourage you to search for historic images of your home,
office, or other favorite places in the city. This is easy to do by
typing in the street name as a keyword, and you might be surprised by
what you find. I also encourage you to spread the word to everyone you
know who might be interested in this new resource.

Rainey Tisdale
Collections Manager
Bostonian Society
206 Washington Street