From:
janice klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:49:18 -0500
Several months ago there was some discussion on museum-l about designing
exhibits for shopping malls.  I am now looking into the idea of organizing a
session for the 1998 AAM Annual Meeting in Los Angeles (May 10-14) on
exhibits in "unconvential" settings, including airports, train stations,
shopping malls and perhaps hotel lobbies (yes, I once had a question about a
loan agreement for that!).

I have ideas and some interest from speakers who could address this from the
collections care/registrarial and security perspectives, but would be
interested in having a panelist address it from the design point of view.

Would any of those involved in the previous discussion -- or any other
interested parties -- please contact me off line (ASAP, please!) to discuss
the possibility of participating in such a session.

I would also very much appreciate being put in touch with whoever organized
the Yugo exhibit which I saw at the Union Train Station in Washington, D.C.

Many thanks,

Janice Klein
The Field Museum
Chair RC-AAM