From:
Morgan Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 05:41:51 -0800
I am currently preparing an article on home knitting machines in the
United States.  I would welcome any input you might have regarding the
early importation, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and
publications associated with this type of equipment.  I am not referring
to commercial equipment, only the type of knitting machine purchased by
individuals for their own use.  Photographs, pattern books, manuals for
the machine, and corporate information would round out this article.

Early (1950s?) distributors included Knitking, Passap, Toyota, White.
Later names include Brother, Singer, Studio.

I would be happily obliged to "give credit where credit is due," and even
provide you a copy of the article when it is complete if this would be of
interest to you.

Thanking you in advance.   Morgan Hicks