From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 17:03:44 -0400
It seems as though it would be easy enough for someone to gather some data
using an informal survey of visitors to an institution. When a person
purchases an admission to a museum, ask the question(s).

Did you visit our Web site prior to your visit?

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being minimal, and 5 being high, how much of
an influence did the Web site have on your decision to visit our
organization?

Not very scientific, but it can provide some baseline data in gauging the
impact of a Web site on those who are walking through the door of the
institution. Many museums already collect basic demographic information
anyway, a couple of extra questions should be easy enough to pose to
visitors. I suspect that most people who visit a museum Web site are
already inclined to visit the institution, and a good Web site can help
make the decision on how to spend free time easier.

john chadwick

At 3:17 PM -0500 5/14/99, Wayne and Mary wrote:
>I would be interested in answers to this question too.
>We are in the middle of preparing a museum and historical society
>fundraising guide for the upper midwest. This type of information
>also might be relevant.
>
>Regards
>
>Mary H
>http://www.joes.com/home/book_list