From:
Jim Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:44:36 -0800
>One of my recent hobbies is with Ship's Company, a c.1800/war of 1812 and
>Civil War Naval reenactment group. We're doing an event in a couple of
>weeks and have been told that the battle part has been canceled. Instead
>they are going to focus on life in camp and the lives of the sailors and
>women involved. I've also noticed that a Civil War reenactment in my area
>has canceled the battle portion of their event.
>
>Is anyone else doing this? I'm hoping this isn't going to become a trend as
>we'd be ignoring a big part of our history. And I certainly hope no one
>thinks that watching historic reenactments leads to violence.
>
>Deb

===============

Sept 17, 2001

Deb,

Try sending your message to Jerry Russell at [log in to unmask]
He runs HERITAGEPAC, a part of Civil War Round Table Associates
(which he founded), and has a practically daily mailing on Civil War
battlefield preservation.  I believe your message is something Jerry
will want to know about, if he doesn't already.  The organization's
motto is, "We Who Study Must Also Strive To Save!".

I hope you don't mind, Deb, but I'm going to stick my neck out and
send this message to Jerry myself.  Hopefully he'll run it and reply
to you and the Museum-L gang.

Jerry recently sent out a list of ways we can help with the Sept 11,
2001 attacks.  I'm going to sent it separately to Museum-L in it's
entirety.

-Jim
--
-Jim Lyons