From:
Margaret Tamulonis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:31:38 -0500
Hi--Any thoughts on the use of methyl bromide for a one time, before they
arrive at the museum treatment of a varied group of artifacts?  I know its
use is being phased out by the EPA.  Are the risks from the gas itself, or
are there issues with residue?  Freezing is not an option because of the
size of some of these pieces, and I do want to reduce the risk of bringing
bugs into the building.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Margaret Tamulonis
The Robert Hull Fleming Museum
The University of Vermont