From:
Dawn Scher Thomae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 08:43:50 -0500
Our front line staff have photo IDs with  first name and section
(Security, IMAX, Museum Shops, etc.)  It seems to work quite well
without the last name. Using the first name gives a sense a familiarity
and hospitality (and a reference if there is a misunderstanding).  Last
names need only be known by the staff not the public.

Dawn Scher Thomae
Milwaukee Public Museum

Tina Hawkinson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I want to know how all of you feel about the front line staff in your
> museums wearing name badges with first and last names on them, and
> what your
> experiences have been with it.  We get anywhere from 30,000 to 70,000
> visitors a month at our museum here in San Francisco. I'm specifically
>
> interested in issues of staff safety in broadcasting the first and
> last name
> of staff who work the front lines.  I appreciate any feedback on this.
>
> Thanks!

> Important Subscriber Information:
>

>                                                 . You may obtain
> detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line
> e-mail message to listerv@hom
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message
> [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read
> "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).