From:
"Sarah A. Garner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:44:17 -0400
Olivia S. Anastasiadis wrote:

> We got a demo from them after some e-mail exchanges; our registrar hasn't
> had time to view the demo, but she will.  Call Rachel Bradley,
> admistrative asst. at (804) 977-0641.  They are very helpful.

> Olivia S. Anastasiadis, Curator
> Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace
> 18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard
> Yorba Linda, CA  92886
> (714) 993-5075; fax (714) 528-0544; e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>
> On Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:11:14 GMT "Dill, Christopher L"
> <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >     We are looking for collections management software
> >     which will allow us to integrate our archeological,
> >     historical, ethnological, and natural history
> >     collections with the SHPO's site files and manuscript
> >     report records - no small task.  We have massive
> >     collections to work with here.
> >
> >     We're looking Questor's Argus system.  A colleague
> >     recently suggested we look at something called
> >     Rediscovery, which (I'm told) not only slices your
> >     bread, but butters it, and does the whole thing
> >     cheaper.  Anyone out there in Museum-L Land have any
> >     information on or references for Rediscovery?  Anyone
> >     actually using it?
> >
> >     TIA
> >
> >     Chris Dill
> >
> >- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >C. L. Dill, Museum Director
> >State Historical Society of North Dakota
> >612 East Boulevard
> >Bismarck  ND  58505-0830
> >P: (701)328-2666
> >F: (701)328-3710
> >E:  [log in to unmask]
> >Visit our Web site at: http://www.state.nd.us/hist/
> >- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At Stratford Hall Plantation we are using the Archaeology and
Collections Modules of Re:discovery.  I recommend it highly.  The
Re:discovery folks were incredibly helpful in customizing the program
and in training staff.  And the technical support we have received since
purchasing the program has been exceptional.

Sarah A. Garner
The Robert E. Lee Memorial Association, Inc.
Stratford Hall Plantation
Stratford, Virginia  22558
(804) 493-8572
http://www.stratfordhall.org