From:
Christine Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 13:53:19 -0500
Hello all,

I'm trying to determine how long UV florescent light filters last before
they should be replaced. I've called several archival companies that sell
these filters and have gotten different answers.  My question to the list
is, does anyone know if there is a standard life for them (say 5 years as
Light Impressions says), or if the lifetime differs based on the
manufacturing process?  University Products tells me that their filters
will last indefinitely, does this ring true?

Thanks for any responses,

Cris Wolf Harper

Collections Manager
UIHC Medical Museum