From:
"Smith, Gavin L.--IPA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:23:12 -0500
Jennifer,

This comes from our Historic Archaeologist, not from me, but It may help.
She suggests you try contacting Tryon Palace in New Bern, North Carolina.
One of their conservator, Joanna Ruth Harris, specializes in food
reproduction for museums.  Here is the link to the Tryon Palace page

http://www.tryonpalace.org/

and here is an article on Faux Foods by Ms. Harris

http://www.tryonpalace.org/pages/indepthpgs/e9_frame.html

Hope this helps.

Gavin Smith,
Curator