From:
"Michael A. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:39:16 -0800
    Gale, your opinion is shared by many of us in the museum world and in other
workplaces.
    There is no justification for search without cause, regardless of the legal
manipulations that have allowed this abhorrent practice to proliferate.
Furthermore, if we continue to tolerate the practice, administration types will
expand their usurped authority until we have no influence in our own workplaces.
    "Resist much, obey little."

    Michael A. Lewis
    Fairbanks, Alaska