From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:24:48 -0700
I'm sending this to A&A and Museum-L on behalf of an
H-Memory subscriber so please excuse any duplication.
I've also sent it to publib since the local history
function in smaller communities is frequently provided
by a public library.

If you've any other suggestions of lists for local
history collections, you can reply to me using this
message.

If you can help with the query below, please reply to:

Marjorie Hunter
Arkansas State University
Margie Hunter <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you very much for your help.

Judy Turner

Margie Hunter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I'm working on a dissertation for Heritage Studies.

So far, I'm focusing on the networks (kin groups and
others) that Okie and Arkansas migrant women created
during their trek west and in the migrant camps,
especially the government-sponsored ones. I've been
very successful in finding information (primary and
secondary) on the Okie women.  Not so much on the
Arkansas women. One of the most interesting aspects so
far is the different recollections of the Dust Bowl
experience by women.

Does anyone know of any sources (other than the Butler

Center) for diaries, papers, etc. from Arkansas
migrants during the Great Depression?

I can find stuff for the Oklahoma migrants. I'm also
looking  for information on Dyess, Arkansas.

Marjorie Hunter
Arkansas State Univ

Margie Hunter <[log in to unmask]>