From:
DELECIA HUITT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:44:00 -0600
In my opinion the invention of the Television changed everything.  No
longer did people have to rely on print or word of mouth the learn of
events throughout the country or world.  We could watch Kennedy being
assasinated unlike those who learned of Lincoln's death.  We could watch
the horrors of the Vietnam war instead of listening to reports over the
radio.  The television puts us at the delivery of septuplets and the
doorstep of death penalty vigils.  I believe that with the TV's delivered
to our home brought more immediate knowledge than had ever been known,
even those who are illiterate in this day and time can remain
knowledgeable through the TV; but we also lost our cultural innocence.
 How much good news is reported in comparison to the amount of bad.  How
many comparisons to the violence on television to the rise in violence
involving our youth, i.e. school murders in Jonesboro, Arkansas, do we
hear.  There are people today who do not have computers but how many
homes do not have TV's?