From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 1994 19:01:31 CST
On Sat, 13 Aug 1994 13:53:17 18000,
Gwendolyn Waldorf  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>would appreciate very much if the respondent with the lengthy message
>about sites with slavery interpretation could re-send, or if someone
>else who still has that message would forward it to me.

GWEN, Here's the one I sent:On Mon, 8 Aug 1994 21:59:28 18000,
Gwendolyn Waldorf  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The Tallahassee Museum of History & Natural Science is developing a new
>exhibit for Bellevue, an antebellum plantation house.  The curator is
>interested in contacting any sites that include an African-American
>perspective in interpreting the antebellum period

GWEN/LINDA, Contact Donna Dye (say hello for me) or Cavett Taff at the
State Historical Museum, Department of Archives & History, Jackson MS
39201 (I don't think they're on-line). They have a wonderfully accurate and
thoughtful exhibition on the subject. I believe that Alfredtine Harrison,
Prof at Jackson State University, was a principal consultant, I'm recalling
that others were involved in this mid-80s installation; Patti Carr Black,
now retired, was the impetus for rectifying this huge oversight in
interpreting MS history.  Good Luck,    JIM