From:
Gronborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:08:47 -0500
The following web page, Applied & Interactive Theater Guide - Theater of
the Oppressed, lists contacts and lists theaters that use that technique:
http://csep.sunyit.edu/~joel/boal.html

You could contact these theaters and ask if they've collaborated with any
museums.  Headlines Theater, for example, did a workshop for docents at the
Vancouver Holocaust Center to help students understand an exhibition.

Best wishes,
Jodi Gronborg

>Jennifer--Theatre of the Oppressed is an offshoot of the Pedagogy of the
>Oppressed theories of Paulo Freire, the Brazilian educator.  There is a
>conference every year where the Freire groups meet among them the
>Theatre of the Oppressed. I did my graduate work in Freire and use it to
>teach all the time.  I'll look in my stuff and see if I can find the
>contact information for the director of the Theatre of the Oppressed if
>no one else on the list can come up with it for you.
>lynn
>
>Lynn Rosamond Norris
>Collections Manager
>
>Exploris
>112 S. Blount Street
>Raleigh, NC 27601

J. R. Gronborg, Exhibit Developer
Chicago Academy of Sciences, The Nature Museum

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
*Opinions expressed are my own and may not necessarily be that of my employer.