From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:59:15 -0500
Uh, Oh.  Here we go again.  It would seem obvious to me that an
African-American would have a better sense (depending on his/her life
circumstances) of what it would be like to be African-American in a
predominantly Anglo culture.  This is dependent on a lot of factors but
would basically, I think, be accurate.  I am assuming that an
African-American who chooses to study African-American history would have
some deeper insights that an Anglo persuing the same subject.  No, I don't
think there is an ounce of racism involved and I have not observed an such
expressions in this thread, thus far.

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum