From:
Stephen Topfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:33:05 -0800
Heather

theres no shortage of great websites out there from museums and
galleries large and small, we've had great success with our own
website and thanks to the statistics generated by the 80,000 visits a
month it seems that the content is driving its success.  we have our
entire database on-line in a searchable format and about 60% of the
images in addition to an archive of exhibitions and the usual info
about upcoming shows etc.

have a look;  aggv.bc.ca

Stephen

At 07:26 AM 19/12/2007, you wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>We'd appreciate information about Museum websites.
>
>Specifically, could you tell us what Museum sites are the "best", in
>your opinion?  What makes them the best?
>
>Have you had feed-back from visitors or potential visitors, in terms
>of what they found most interesting on your own websites?  What
>works best for them?
>
>Thank you,
>Heather
>
>Heather-Anne Getson
>Historian,  Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
>Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
>http://fisheries.museum.gov.ns.ca
>902.634.4794  ext.230

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
>should read "help" (without the quotes).
>
>If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
>should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).
>

>--
>dangerous content by ESVA, and is
>believed to be clean.

Stephen Topfer