Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 22:36:05 +0000
When I was preparing to teach a pressed flower workshop, I used the online
descriptions of homemade flower presses at:

http://www.pressed-flowers.com
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_tig/article/0,1805,HGTV_3893_1506683,00.html

The first of these, www.pressed-flowers.com, belongs to Kate Chu who is a
fabulous pressed flower artist and teacher. I’d recommend her website to
anyone interested in pressed flowers.

Also, if you’re interested in homemade flower presses for the microwave,
there’s one description at:
http://www.gardeners.com/gardening/PBmicrowave_flower_press.asp

This might be irrelevant to children (or highly relevant to an educator
working in a museum!) but many pressed flower artists discourage the use of
regular copy paper for pressing flowers, because of the acidity of the paper.
On the other hand, others use regular paper, phone books, paper towels and
toilet tissue and say they see no problems that might be attributed to
acidity! Just thought I’d toss that in.