From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 1994 09:36:01 -0400
>Regarding the ECHO conference and David Ross's postings, can one access
>the ECHO conference directly?  Thank you.

ECHO is a private BBS in New York and charges about $20.00 a month
for access (with a discount for students). They give you the first
month free to play around. If you want to dial direct the numbers are:

(212) 255-3839 Voice
(212) 989-8411 Data
(212) 989-3382 High Speed

You can also TELNET to echonyc.com and access it that way, avoiding
long distance. You register online and they snail mail you your
password and instructions after you give them a credit card number.

ECHO stands for East Coast Hang Out and I hear they are planning
to do a project with the Whitney using Mosaic and the Web in the
future.

Robbin Murphy
Managing Editor, ArtNet