From:
Robert Swieca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:19:00 PDT
there will be cross-postings of this message
____
Powerhouse Museum special event
for ICOM delegates to Sydney

Dear ICOM delegate,

The Powerhouse Museum is the largest and most diverse museum in
Australia. Our collection spans the decorative arts and design, social
history,
science and technology. The museum has over 350,000 objects in the
collection, with over 16000m2 of exhibition space at Sydney's former
tramway power station. There are 14 permanent exhibitions and a busy
program of temporary exhibitions.

As part of the pre and post conference tours to Sydney, the museum is
offering two special half day events where you can meet some of the
staff, view the museum and some of its stores and hear of some of the
exciting developments we are planning for over the next few years. You
will see a range of our exhibitions from Space through to Style: treasures
of art & design but of particular interest will be ngaramang bayumi: an
exhibition about Indigenous Australian music and dance and Beyond
architecture: Marion Mahony and Walter Burley Griffin in America,
Australia and India.

These days are on Thursday 8 October from 9.45am for the pre-
conference tour and Monday 19 October from 1.00pm for the post-
conference.

If you are interested in attending either of these days, please contact
Robert
Swieca at the museum on (61-2) 92170512, (61-2) 92170441 [fax] or
[log in to unmask] [email].

We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the Powerhouse.

Terence Measham
Director