From:
Linda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 1994 19:05:31 +1000
Farar Elliott asks about forming a feminist museum workers' group and a
gay/lesbian group: You might like to hear from the sisters in Australia,
where Museums Australia has a proudly feminist Women's Section. We meet
only once a year at the annual conference, but we keep up some
gosspiy-mentorish networks as well.  We have occasionally taken action in
the form of stiff letters about the non-appointment/promotion of women
workers in museums.  And we have fun!

MA Council is presently working on both a women's and a gay and lesbian
policy document.  The former is coordinated by Julia Clark at th National
Portrait Gallery, Canberra; the latter by Robert Swieca at the Powerhouse
Museum, Sydney.  Sorry I don't have their email addresses, but anyone
interested can contact me for more precise directions.

Sisterhood is still powerful!

Linda Young
Cultural Heritage Management