From:
"R.A.Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:25:57 +0000
Having only ever used Jonathon Bowen's Virtual Library of Museums
pages to access museum websites I visited the lists available in
the US with great interest. Unfortunately I couldn't access the
Museum of Paleontology in California nor the Los Angeles County
Musuem of Natural History (because of a warning in the latter case
of a security hazard in downloading information!).

Of the lists provided by the MCN and the Lost Museum of Science
(which I particluarly liked) I was wondering:
i) how many web-sites are there on each list?
ii) at what rate do the lists grow - for instance how many sites were
there on the list in December 1996 compared to now?
iii) is there a record of visitor numbers to the MCN list?

My query is related to research I am doing on museums and the
internet as part of my MA in Museum Stdies at Leicester University,
UK. Please see my survey on the Virtual Library of Museums.

http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/info/survey.html

If anyone can provide answers to the above I would be extremely
grateful. Many thanks.

Best wishes,
Rachel Reynolds

e-mail:[log in to unmask]