Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:06:31 -0600
We recently had a visitor come to our Museum with a dog that had a sign on
it saying it was a "Guidedog in Training".  She was insistent that this dog
be allowed in the gallery area.

When she got into the gallery area, there was already a trained guidedog in
the gallery. The "guidedog in training" became very disruptive towards the
trained guidedog.

Does anyone have polices prohibiting "guidedogs in training" or does anyone
have limits as the the numbers of dogs allowed in a gallery at any one time?
(As the airlines limit the number of dogs in the passenger compartments?)

We eventually had to ask the lady with the guidedog in training to leave the
gallery and invited her to return as soon as the other dog left.  She felt
this was a very unsatisfactory response on our part.

Any suggestions or help?