From:
cathyosterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:37:54 -0700
Hi Pam,

I have had a mouse problem as well. A small dab of peanut
butter (just enough so the mouse has to work to get a good
lick!) and a small piece of chocolate in a mouse trap has
worked for me. We've used both the 99 cent special and a
more sophisticated snap trap that the mouse has to lift the
cover of the trap with his nose to get at the bait. Both
have killed fairly well for me as long as the traps are new.
The "Tom Kat" trapper (I fondly refer to it as the
guillotine) works well, too, if you can find them!

Good luck!

Cathy Osterman,
Curator of Collections
CFD Old West Museum