From:
Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:41:05 -0800
Hello Lara and all--
        If your school is going to support you--supply machines and an
assistant or two--go for it. I just don't think that it's a good idea to
do this all on your own.  Too much time and money are involved, your
fellow profs will not necessarily thank you, and such work is almost never
given much weight in evaluations and tenure decisions. Also be careful
about announcing this as an upcoming project, as you may start to see your
slides vanish (into the pockets of those who figure that they're now up
for grabs).

        Adrienne DeAngelis