From:
Shelly Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:49:33 -0500
Sorry to post this to the list-serve.  I do have a couple of addresses and I
wanted to cast my net as far as possible and not miss someone important.
Please pass this on to anyone and/or lab which might be interested.
Thanks!!

To Whom it May Concern:

The Museum of Mobile in Mobile, Alabama is soliciting treatment RFPs for
artifacts that were negatively impacted by Hurricane Katrina.  These have
been divided into two groups.  The first comprises of less than 45 boxes
(approximating 2500) of documents, posters, works on paper, books,
three-dimensional, and audio-visual artifacts.  They suffer primarily from
mold, bleeding, and being adhered to each other.  Initial treatment
expectations include: the separation of items, cleaning, mold remediation,
straightening when necessary, stabilization, and repair.  We understand that
this is a very large number and therefore could be overwhelming for one lab.
We would like to divide this up between at least three labs so each lab
would only have to deal with about 15 boxes.

The second group comprises of approximately 100 textile items in 27 boxes
which are Mardi Gras related.  These textiles range in size from simple
page-boy costumes using 1 or 2 different fabrics to very elaborate 15 foot
trains with multiple fabrics, beading, rhinestones and other embellishments.
Initial treatment expectations include: cleaning, stabilization, repair, and
some mold remediation.

Please includes:
	Estimated Costs
	Estimated Start Date
	Estimated Completion Time
	Insurance Experience/Requirements
	Other Requirements

Please submit proposals to:

	Shelly Berger, Registrar
	Museum of Mobile
	111 S. Royal Street
	Mobile, AL 36605

Alternatively, e-mail them to:

Please include “Conservation RFP” in the subject line.

Deadline for submissions is October 20, 2006. Proposals may be written based
on one category or on a combination of categories and quantities.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at: [log in to unmask] or
call my office at: 251-208-7698.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Shelly Berger