From:
Michelle Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:21:57 -0500
Dear Editors --

Might you post this announcement on Museum-L?

Many thanks--
Michelle

===============CALL FOR REVIEWERS================

First Run/Icarus Films, a leading distributor of critically acclaimed and
award-winning documentary films to North American academic markets, seeks
reviewers for the following scholarly films:

THE HOLOCAUST EXPERIENCE - Examines the role of the museum as preserver of
history in contemporary society, and how curatorial choices (which are
sometimes controversial) are made. The film explores how the memory of the
Holocaust is kept alive via preserved concentration camp ruins in Poland
and hyper-realistic holocaust museums in America.
For Details: http://www.frif.com/new2003/holo.html

FANG - Mixes documentary and fiction techniques to recount an African art
object's 100 year journey - a whole century of Western attitudes towards
African culture packed into 8 minutes! Directed by Susan Vogel, founder of
the New York Museum of African Art.
For Details: http://www.frif.com/new2003/fang.html

These titles are of definite interest to archivists, curators, and museum
staff, and quite suitable for review or incorporation into larger, more
theoretical articles.

Those interested should contact me with the name of the publication in
which the review or article would appear: 800.876.1710; [log in to unmask]
I can get review copies of both films (VHS/NTSC) to you promptly.

You can get more information on these and other films from our website:
http://www.frif.com.

Best Regards,

Michelle Coe
First Run/Icarus Films