From:
Bill Snead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:21:10 -0500
Yes, you missed something.

William Snead

Duke University

unlisted <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

04/01/2005 03:15 PM

Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: Who goes to Museums anyway?

And what does this mean?

It turns out that Joe Public doesn't go to museums.

Joe Public goes to Community Colleges...

...in between jobs and kids and rents and car payments and bill

collectors...

...as s/he tries to better her/his own life options and employability.

It is clear that many of on this list are the person above. Prior to

university I attended a community college (as well lectured at an

outstanding one for years.) There are many intellectual, and highly

sophisticated (if not economically smart) people going to community

colleges and saving thousands in the process. And it was during my time

there that we attended many museum exhibitions. Am I missing something

with the statement clipped above? because that line to me seems entirely

out of line.