Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 01:57:17 -0400
In my recent rant about historical errors, it was inevitable that I would
make an historical error.  I misattributed a statement to Heleanor Feltham
which was actually written by Richard Finkelstein.  Apologies to both, and
all.

So my face is red, but not with ketchup.  But I did offer to provide a
ketchup update after a research trip to the supermarket.  This is probably
not news to those who are ardent ketchup/catsum/catchup fanciers, but I found
that every brand on display in the establishment selected was labelled
"ketchup"--Heinz, Hunt's, Del Monte, and the house brand.  (Nary a "ketSup"
in the lot.)  If this is the way Heinz protects a "trade name," I'd better
sell my Heinz stock.  (Complete citation--store name, address, aisle number,
etc.--available upon request.)

David Haberstich