From:
Sarah Wood-Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:49:00 -0600
I agree with Cynthia.  I don't know Harry either but I found it touching to read the messages regarding his retirement.  Those kinds of responses sometimes do me a lot of good in terms of remembering why I'm in this field and how important professional friendships can be.

Let's not stick so strictly to business matters that we forget  each other as people.

Sarah Wood-Clark
Museum Registrar
Kansas State Historical Society
6425 SW 6 Ave.
Topeka, KS  66615
(785)272-8681, ext. 407
Fax (785)272-8682
TTY (785)272-8683

Susan Tissot wrote:

> I do not think that David Gregory was out of line when he commented on the
> mail posted to this list. In the case of Harry Needham it was very
> appropriate for Harry to post his retirement message on the list but the
> personal responses to Harry's message should have been sent directly to
> Harry, not the whole list. Even more offensive .....

Gee whiz. "Offensive?" I thought that's reserved for dirty words...
We're all just "regular guys" out here. Why can't we have a little human
interest passing through the e-waves?  I don't know Harry. I didn't read
everything sent to him....but offending to me?  Get a delete button.

Cynthia Ogorek
Matteson Historical Museum
Matteson, IL