From:
Anne Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:45:29 -0500
Wade, that is an inconvenience about Past Perfect that we just deal with. We don't send out a Deed of Gift until after the donation is approved by our curator, and the committee if necessary. We consdier that the indication of intent to donate on the Temporary Custody form is sufficient for us to go on to curatorial approval. If we have to delete an accession record, we just do it and reuse the number for the next accession. I think the important thing is consistency, rather than the absolute order of steps. That, and following through if forms don't get returned.

Anne
Anne T. Lane
Collections Manager
704.568.1774 x110 phone
704.566.1817 fax

The Charlotte Museum of History and Hezekiah Alexander Homesite
Where  History Has a Home
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte, NC  28215-3214
www.charlottemuseum.org

Featured Exhibits:
Charlotte Stories: Our Collections, Your Treasures
Charlotte Neighborhoods: NoDa
An Invitation to the White House