From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:49:22 -0700
Ok, let me back up.  Maybe I read Genevieve's note and
took it the wrong way early this morning--and I could
concur with Janice's comments about Friday stress and
Jay's the list has it's own personality, and no,
Sarah, we don't have posting rules.

I guess what I took exception to was that if, in
effect, you accommodated the blind as I suggested, you
were looked at in usenets groups as an ignorant.

My feeling was:  You wanna think I'm dumb?  Not you
specifically, but anybody.  That's ok.  I don't mind.
I may get a twitchy foot and want to kick posterior as
a result, but this is Cyberia, and you can think what
you want and it can't hurt me.  I'm not lacking in
self-confidence that I'm going to believe it, and if
I'm ignorant enough to be deluded, well, I'm happy in
my ignorance.

But I know for a fact we have members on this list who
do have sight impairments and they have indicated they
appreciated it when there have been attempts to
accommodate them.

And what the heck.  The list was getting boring with
too little posts, and why not start crap and let's
just have a good old dose of umbrage and harrumph.  I
mean isn't that what we're here for?

No, I know better.  I'm being a smart ass, but I am
not so dumb to know that I am, and not so dumb to know
that there will be 25 people who will read these words
and take them 25 different ways.  Some will find them
funny.  Some will become quite incensed.  The smart
ones will just delete.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll go beat my head upside
the wall for trying to make a difference.  What WAS I
thinking?

I was thinking you could do 100 things right, and
somebody, just somebody would forgive it if they
didn't like something you said they didn't concur
with.

Look out wall . . . here I come.

Now taking bets:  Which has a better chance of
survival?  The wall or my hard head?

Give me faux food till I pop!

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414