From:
"Richard D. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 19:01:25 GMT
Hi, folks!

I'd like to discuss, with someone who's worked on a permanent (or
long-term) exhibit that incorporates chroma-key ("blue-screening" or
"green-screening") video technology, the technical issues involved.

I'm particularly interested in solutions to the problem of lighting
the "stage" area evenly without the subject casting shadows on the
backdrop, but without using expensive, hot, dangerous theatrical
lighting instruments.

I'm also looking for a technology that allows superimposing the
subject onto just a portion of the frame.  Normally the blue backdrop
must correspond to the NTSC video frame on a 1-to-1 basis (so to
superimpose a tiny person you need a huge backdrop).  What I need is a
way to have a person standing in front of, say, an 8-foot tall blue
screen, be superimposed onto just a corner of the video frame.

appreciated.  Thanks!

[log in to unmask]            Interfacing is Easy
[log in to unmask]        Compatibility Takes a Lifetime