From:
Kim terb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:57:49 -0500
While working at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in NYC, we had a Nazi-slush
box. In this box we kept all Nazi materials deemed not needed to tell the
story of 20th century Jewish Heritage in this box. At the end of the year
these items were destroyed using the "witness destruction" method. The
feeling of the curators and others in the collections department was to keep
these items out of circulation. If there was something that was important to
the story of WWII and Hitler, we would sometimes contact German museums to
see if they were interested in obtaining the objects. At no time did we put
the items in a position to be obtained by the public.

Kimberly Terbush

718-757-2954