From:
Cynthia Schartman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 09:24:09 -0400
On Thu, 23 May 1996, Kang wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience or information resources on exhibits/artist wo
rks that specifically address the disabled (blind, mobility problems, etc.).
> I am specifically interested in ways the disabled can experience the arts
> (the only one that comes to mind right now is the blind being able to touch
> and feel sculptures).
>
> Thanks,
> Kim Kang
> Dallas

Kim,
you may want to contact Very Special Arts - an educational affiliate of
the John F. Kennedy Center dedicated to expanding opportunities in the
creative arts for individuals with disabilities.  Associated Galleries
are located in most states and in 55 countries abroad.  The National
Very Special Arts Gallery is located in Washington DC and maintains a
continuous and varied exhibition schedule.  Their exhibitions are often
geared towards education through the arts.

contact:
Very Special Arts
1300 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20013