From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:51:22 PDT
Thank you to all who responded to my question concerning Exhibits
Committees and the involvement of the Board of Directors.  I don't
want this topic to turn into one of those long discussions that go on
for days and days.  However I do want to tell you I received what I
wanted, pretty much a cross section of those who say the Board should
stay out of the management of the museum and some who say the Board
should be very involved.  I've shared the responses with Exhibits
Curator and the Director, and we feel we can make a good proposal to
the Board at our meeting next week.

For the record, I do appreciate our Board.  They are very involved and
work hard for the Museum and the Community, and for the most part
they're very supportive.  Sometimes their enthusiasm borders on
micro-management, but it works itself out when we discuss it.

I'm glad we have this list to share experiences with colleagues and to
air concerns and receive feedback.

Thank you,
Jerrie