From:
Alex Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 11:17:49 -0600
RE: Mario Rups suggestion for reducing e-mail clutter by changing
settings.  I believe you'll probably want to switch your settings to
"digest" rather than index.  Digest gives you a single message containing
a simple table of contents and the text of all messages.  Generally you
can retrieve the message, look at the table of contents, and decide if
anything looks interesting.  I say generally both because there are
occasional gems hidden in what seem from the header to be dog biscuits
and because sometimes folks don't use descriptive message headers.

The command is usually execeuted by sending the message

set museum-l digest

with no subject header line to the listserver managing the list (not to
the list itself).

Hope this helps.

Alex Barker
Curator of Archaeology