From:
Miriam B Albahari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 21:37:35 -0400
Question for all of you:
The historical society where I work will be building an addition
beginning next year. Part of the project includes taking turn of the
century (that is the last one, ending on Dec. 31, 1900) paneling from a
nearby business and reinstalling it in our board room.  Our director is
very excited about recreating this historic environment in our new
building.  The question is should the wall panels be accessioned?  On the
one hand, if we weren't using them, we probably would keep at least one,
or a section of one, as an accessioned historic building element.  On the
other hand, I can't exactly number and store them with the rest of the
collection if they will be the walls of our new board room.  Any thoughts?

Miriam Albahari